If you can buy a scarf that is suitable for you in winter, there’s no doubt that the scarf can add an extra plus for you. However, how should you wash and care for your scarves while they are pretty? This is the question that every woman or man worries about when they have their scarves. Here, we, Aungwinter, a professional custom knit scarf supplier in China, founded in 1998 and with over 25 years of experience in hat, accessory, and garment manufacturing, will introduce you to how to care for and wash different kinds of scarves. Are you ready to join us on this practical and fun journey?
100% wool scarves can be held tightly, once you let go, there is no wrinkle on 100% wool scarves and the crease can disappear in a short time, and recover very soon.
Wool scarves have a great warming effect and the hair is soft, bouncy, insulating, plump to the touch, and cozy to wear.
- Please note that it’s normal for wool scarves to shed hair.
- Avoid sharpened objects when crocheting wool scarves. If there is a crochet thread, please pull it flat with the grain of the weave.
- If there is any localized hook breakage, needle detachment, or loose threads, you should stop wearing it immediately and have it repaired.
- When ironing, please note the temperature and the direction of the weave. Before ironing, please spray some water on the scarves.
- Please reduce the large friction and do not match it with too hard or coarse coats to avoid friction and damage to the fabric or pilling.
- Please do not wash with garments that are easy to fade to avoid getting colors that can destroy the beauty of the scarf.
- The soaking time shouldn’t be too long, about 5 to 10 minutes. Use cold water to soak and press simultaneously to make the dust and stain on the scarf into water. Then put the scarf into 35℃/95℉ water and wash with neutral detergent. Please note that wool scarves cannot be washed with hot soapy water or detergent with too much soda, or scrub too hard to cause deformation. If neutral detergent is not available, you can use hair shampoo as an alternative.
- After washing, please soak the scarf in glacial acetic acid (white vinegar) for once, then it can completely clean the rest of the detergent in the scarf to protect the fiber. After that, use water to clean one more time.
- It’s better to rinse the scarf in lukewarm water with fabric softener.
- Squeeze the water out of the scarf, then place the scarf in a mesh bag to drain it in the washing machine.
- After draining, please lay the scarf flat on the table with towels on by its original size, then hang it to dry without sun explosion.
- After drying in the shade, iron neatly through a towel in the middle.
Silk scarves have a smooth texture and are soft and light to the touch. Available in a variety of colors and styles, it is also very comfortable and cool to wear.
- Hand wash only.
- The fiber of silk scarves cannot be frayed.
- Please do not spray deodorant, perfume, and others on the surface of silk scarves.
- Please do not use camphor balls for storage, as silk scarves may absorb the odor or fade due to the smell of camphor balls.
- It’s best to hang silk scarves with hangers in the wardrobe and not use metal hangers to avoid rust pollution. Please put them where the sun cannot reach directly and avoid sun rays.
- High strength and resilience recovering ability.
- Nice colorfastness and better sun resistance than natural plant fibers.
- No fear of mold and mildew, no fear of insects
- Great wrinkle-resistant, not easy to deform, great in strength and colorfastness, quick-dry, and stable in shrinking rate.
- The fabric has some drapes and is colorful
There is no special requirement for caring.
Except for cannot be high-temperature ironing and washing, polyester scarves are available in dry wash, machine wash, and hand wash. There are no special washing requirements.
Cotton Linen Scarves
Cotton linen scarves with a sense of literature, are a kind of whimsy, also an attitude toward life, and a kind of aesthetic.
Cotton and linen are environmentally friendly, breathable, comfortable, draping-well, wrinkle-resistant, quick-dry, and easy to care for.
Before storing, please wash cotton linen scarves first. Please store by light and dark colors to avoid getting colors from dark-colored scarves
- It’s best not to use machine wash when washing cotton linen outfits because the texture of cotton linen is very soft. If we use machine wash, then the cotton linen outfits are very easy to deform and get wrinkled.
- Before washing, please add some vinegar to the water. Separate these outfits by light and dark colors to soak and wash, to avoid getting colors. Soak the outfits in water for 15 minutes, and the temperature of the water cannot exceed 40℃/104℉. Please pay attention and don’t add too much vinegar to the water, otherwise, it’s easy to let the light-colored scarves dye colors from other scarves.
- Add detergent to the water and please do not use detergent that contains bleach. After the detergent dissolves in the water, place the cotton linen garments in the water and soak for no more than 30 minutes. Cotton linen scarves must be kept clean and dry, so we must pay attention to checking and drying them, especially in rainy summer. After washing, please do not wring, hand press to squeeze out the water, and hang to dry by air, avoiding strong sun rays.
In the End
Everything we have shared ends here, and we hope everything we have shared can help you care for and wash your scarves to make them last longer. What’s more, if you want to choose a new scarf, you can browse the exquisite custom knit scarf section of Aungwinter. There are many different styles of scarves for you to choose from. We hope you enjoy our blog and learn how to care for and wash your scarves.